Happy Birthday, Bugs
Happy Birthday, Bugs is a book written by Gary A. Lewis and illustrated by The Guy Gilchrist Studios, released as part of the Looney Tunes Library label. It was released on September 1st, 1990.
The plot involves various Looney Tunes characters planning a surprise party for Bugs Bunny on his birthday, while Bugs is out carrot shopping. Bugs' various adversaries reminience about their memories with Bugs, thinking of him as their friend, but eventually they all realise that Bugs hadn't been a very good friend to any of them. So they plan a trick on Bugs. Bugs shows up immediately after their trick was set, and just as Bugs is about to unwrap a present, Daffy Duck barges in and takes Bugs' present. Despite the others telling Daffy not to, Daffy opens the package, and a pie shoots out in his face.
The memories represented are based on events from actual Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons.
- Elmer Fudd's memories are from Rabbit of Seville (Bugs giving Elmer flowers, flowers growing on Elmer's head) and Rabbit Fire (Elmer runnign from Bugs and Daffy when it becomes "Elmer Season").
- Yosemite Sam's memories are from High Diving Hare and Bugs Bunny Rides Again (the dancing sequence).
- Giovanni Jones recalls singing a high note for a long period of time (Long-Haired Hare).
- Wile E. Coyote recalls trying to catch Bugs by using a carrot trap (from To Hare is Human, though the trap set-up is different)
- Marvin The Martian recalls the events from The Hasty Hare.
- Tasmanian Devil's memories come from "Bedeviled Rabbit" (Taz grabbign Bugs from insde a tree, Bugs making a meal for Taz out of dynamite).
- Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Giovanni Jones, Wile E. Coyote, Marvin The Martian, K9, Tasmanian Devil, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety, Sylvester.