One Froggy Evening
|One Froggy Evening|
One Froggy Evening is a Merrie Melodies cartoon that was directed by Chuck Jones and featured the debut of Michigan J. Frog. It was later included in Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales, Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2, and Looney Tunes Spotlight Collection Volume 2.
A construction worker finds Michigan J. Frog in a box one day and sees him singing. Hoping for fame and fortune, he takes the frog to see a talent agent. However, Michigan won't sing in front of the agent. He then sees a theater for rent, takes his life savings, and has Michigan sing on stage. Michigan keeps singing until the curtain opens, to which the audience boos. Michigan continues singing when nobody except its owner is around, and eventually, he puts the frog back in the box and into an area meant to be made into a building. In 2056, the building is taken apart by another man who finds the frog, sees him singing, and then attempts to make money off the frog.
- Written by: Michael Maltese
- Animation by: Ken Harris, Abe Levitow, Ben Washam, and Richard Thompson
- Layouts by: Robert Gribbroek
- Backgrounds by: Phillip DeGuard
- Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1,001 Rabbit Tales
- Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2
- Looney Tunes Spotlight Collection Volume 2
- When this episode aired on The WB!, the scene where he holds up a sign saying "FREE BEER" was cut out for obvious reasons.