On Thursday, approximately 10AM UTC, we'll be performing our MediaWiki 1.34 deployment. Please expect some downtime, we apologise in advance for any inconvenience!
Unnatural History is a 1959 Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Abe Levitow, with a story by Mike Maltese. The cartoon is made up of blackout gags with no real story tying them together, similar to many cartoons directed by Tex Avery.
Professor Beest Lee (a pun on "beastly") narrates over clips of animals and their quirky behavior. Scenes include:
- Kissing porcupines
- A Bugs Bunny-like rabbit sent into space and returning with an alien wife and kids
- An orangutan that saws a hole in the ceiling to pull down a fridge
- A beaver literally damning a river when a piece broke off
- A man who proclaims his dog can talk (where all the dog's responses are barks though its actually true when we saw mentioning that he probably should've said "DiMaggio")
- A groundhog who uses advanced technology to predict the weather
- A mouse that scares an elephant but is scared by a tiny elephant (in a throwback to Punch Trunk)
- A hospital room with a dog who has a cat latched onto his leg and won't let go
- A chameleon that can blend into different color screen is soon interrupted by a plaid screen (which he doesn't want to do)
- A dog patiently waiting on the front porch for his master that hasn't been home in years (his master was revealed to be Professor Beest Lee)